Our Introduction to Bee Keeping course will provide you with the knowledge you need to start keeping bees.
We have small classes to guarantee you our full attention and ensure you get the most out of the day.
We run the courses throughout the summer from the middle of May until the middle of July please get in touch to find out what dates are available
Duration: 1 Day 9.30-4
Course itinerary includes :
- A brief history of bee keeping
- Hive types and parts
- Apiary location and set up
- Disease recognition and control
- Swarm control
- Hands on experience we teach how to do an inspection and what your looking for then let you do several inspections and talk you through them!
- A brief look at products of the hive and honey extraction
There will be no more than 8 people on the course allowing you to get as much time learning to handle frames of bees as possible and you will get to make the most of our experience
A delicious home made lunch and refreshments will be provided. Suits and gloves are provided for the day, so all you need to bring are some wellington boots, a long sleeved shirt and plenty of enthusiasm
If you would like a place on our course please get in touch and I will give you the dates which are available